As the world of health begins to focus more on how our mentality fits into our overall sense of wellbeing, you might have increasingly heard the term “Mind-Body Connection” used around various topics of wellness.
For some (maybe this rings true for you?) the phrase “Mind-Body Connection” can conjure up feelings around “woo woo” or existential concepts, but as my guest on today’s episode explains, the Mind-Body Connection has long been rooted in science, and is only continuing to gain further scientific evidence of its presence and importance in our lives.
In this episode of Spa Marketing Made Easy, I’m talking with Rachel Llanes, Health Educator for the Army Wellness Center on Oahu, who is not only obsessed with learning and teaching about optimal human performance but helping others achieve it through the Mind-Body Connection.
Through her work, she’s educated and coached a vast array of people from all walks of life including active duty service members, dependents, civilians working with the Department of Defense, as well as veterans.
And if you’re at all familiar with the military, you know they’re only investing in programs and education that have been shown to work, so even though there’s still much to be discovered about the way our minds and mindset corresponds with the physical health of our bodies, there’s proof in the pudding that the Mind-Body Connection, while largely intangible in its anatomical presence, it has a very concrete presence in our overall health, happiness, and even relationships.
Listen is as Rachel shares with us the five keys to unlocking your Mind-Body Connection.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The definition of “Mind-Body Connection” and how you can utilize it and understand it for your business
- How working through your body can change your brain chemistry, and thus, your energy and mood
- The five essential resources that we all have access to become our best selves
- The first step you can take to engage with these five Mind-Body Connection points
Resources Mentioned in Episode #022: 5 Keys to Unlocking the Power of the Mind-Body Connection with Rachel Llanes
- If you have questions and would like to connect with Rachel, send us a note and we’ll introduce you!
- Read Girl Code: Unlocking the Secrets to Success, Sanity, and Happiness for the Female Entrepreneur by Cara Leyba.
- Read The Willpower Instinct: How Self-Control Works, Why It Matters, and What You Can Do to Get More of It by Kelly McGonigal, Ph.D.
- Read, “Good genes are nice, but joy is better” in The Harvard Gazette, showcasing the findings from their longevity research.
- Check out the 90X Goal Planner and the SELF Journal by BestSelf Co.
- Connect with a community of like-minded aestheticians looking to build thriving careers and businesses inside the FREE Spa Marketing Made Easy community.