EP 200: #Beautybomb - IsotretinoinFeb 17, 2021
Welcome to our weekly #Beautybomb, a burst of info on the latest and greatest ingredients, products, and treatments in the spa industry to help you expand your knowledge and stay on top of your game as an aesthetic expert.
In this week’s #Beautybomb, I’m talking about Isotretinoin (more commonly known by its discontinued name, Accutane), which is the internal use of retinol for the treatment of severe acne.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What Isotretinoin is utilized for and how it works within the skin to help patients with severe acne
- An overview of Isotretinoin’s side effects ranging from common to severe and how these side effects determine what we can do as aesthetic providers
- The psychological element behind prescribing Isotretinoin to treat acne and what those on the drug can expect with treatment
Additional resources for this episode:
- Accutane overview via Drugs.com
- Isotretinoin capsules overview via NHS
- Female Adult Acne: An Interview with Dr. Shari Marchbein, MD via The Skincare Belle
To keep the conversation going, ask questions, request future #Beautybomb topics and connect with other like-minded aestheticians building thriving careers, join the free Spa Marketing Made Easy Podcast community.