EP 242: Developing Into the Best Leader for Your Business and Your Team with Desarae MarhoferAug 09, 2021
Team-building and development is by far one the most challenging hurdles a spa owner has to face as they grow.
Whether you started as a solo practitioner, as many spa owners do, or you began with a team, refining your leadership skills is an ongoing journey.
However, as my guest describes in this episode, there is typically that one pivotal point that shifts your whole trajectory.
Here to join me on this episode of Spa Marketing Made Easy is Desarae Marhofer, a passionate aesthetician entrepreneur with 15+ years of specialized skincare experience, which includes owning and operating a full service esthetics studio as well as an aesthetician school.
Together we talk about her journey from solo to team leader to studio + school owner and what lessons she’s learned along the way in becoming the best leader you can be for your business and your team.
In this episode, we discuss:
- When Desarae jumped from being a solo to having her first team member and how that was the turning point for momentous growth in her skincare studio
- How holding back on hiring team members created missed opportunities and how she navigated retention troubles as her business and team expanded
- The critical mindset shifts Desarae needed to make as the leader of her business to help shift the culture of her team and get them onboard with her bigger vision
- Her tops tips for developing those leadership skills internally and externally
References Mentioned in Episode #242: Developing Into the Best Leader for Your Business and Your Team with Desarae Marhofer
- Connect with Desarae’s skincare studio, Beautiful You Skincare Studio, on Facebook and Instagram
- Connect with Desarae’s aesthetics academy, Beautiful You Skincare Studio, on Facebook and Instagram
- Join the Uncommon Beauty Facebook group
- Read “The Compound Effect” by Darren Hardy
- To keep the conversation going, ask questions, and connect with other like-minded aestheticians building thriving careers, click here to join the free Spa Marketing Made Easy Podcast community.
As a thank you for being a loyal listener to the Spa Marketing Made Easy podcast and for helping us to reach more aestheticians working on growing their businesses and creating a life they love, we have created a free resource portal just for you!
It’s totally free to join, and for every 25 reviews we get on iTunes, we’ll add a new training video, PDF, tracker, or other high-value resource to help you grow your aesthetic business!
If you have yet to leave a review, click here to leave one on iTunes, and click here to access the free resources already unlocked!