EP 278: Finding Your Zone of Genius as a Skin Expert with René SerbonMay 02, 2022
One of the business mantras and beliefs that I hold deep down to my core and that I’ve practiced before even officially starting my own business is that community is greater than competition.
I truly believe that this mindset is critical for finding success, especially as more and more people venture into entrepreneurship, especially within the aesthetics industry.
Someone who identifies with and speaks to that notion beautifully is my guest on this episode of Spa Marketing Made Easy, René Serbon.
René is an international skin expert who started her education focusing on business studies in marketing and then moved to aesthetics, and is now a sought-after skincare educator and serves on the board of education for the International Association For Applied Corneotherapy.
With a host of aesthetic certifications, accolades, and subject matters in which she is an expert, René is truly a full-scope professional, but as we discuss in this episode, becoming a master of your trade requires more focus versus collecting more skillsets.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- René journey from being a professional waxer to shifting into skin-focused expertise and branching into education
- What Corneotherapy is and how it differs from other skincare practices, techniques, and philosophies
- Why it’s critical to pinpoint your niche and how to begin discovering what yours might be
- How to make your specific processes, for skincare treatments, consultations, and business scalable and sustainable
- Why selling is a service and a mindset reframe around what it means to be a skincare expert who gets paid what they’re worth
References Mentioned in Episode #278: Finding Your Zone of Genius as a Skin Expert with René Serbon
- Connect with René via her website, on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Join Rene’s Skin Care Professionals Strategy Group on Facebook
- Learn more about The International Association for Applied Corneotherapy (I.A.C.) at corneotherapy.org
- To keep the conversation going, ask questions, and connect with other like-minded aestheticians building thriving careers, click here to join the free Spa Marketing Made Easy Podcast community.
Join the Aesthetic Marketing Seminar, the premiere spa marketing event of the year, on May 16 + 17, 2022 to learn the most relevant strategies and systems that today’s spa owners need to shift from biz chaos to Spa CEO.