EP 148: Developing the Critical Skill of Treating Multicultural Skin with JoElle LeeAug 10, 2020
It’s no secret that if you want to have a long-term and sustainable career in aesthetics, you have to stay committed to a constant development of your aesthetic skill set.
And as my guest on this episode of Spa Marketing Made Easy shares, one of the most critical skills requires branching out beyond what is traditionally and currently taught in aesthetics school and learning to properly treat multicultural skin.
Meet JoElle Lee, a skincare expert and celebrity aesthetician (she was Michelle Obama’s aesthetician!), a professional speaker and published author, as well as an educator, trainer and skincare business consultant.
JoElle is a woman who wears many hats, but her mission is highly focused on ensuring that every aesthetic professional knows how to treat multicultural skin safely and effectively.
I don’t know about you, but when I went to aesthetics school, we weren’t taught specific protocols to treat darker skin tones and the conditions that commonly affect people of color.
It’s a piece of our traditional and structured education that needs to evolve, but at the end of the day, it’s up to us as experts and practitioners to seek out and complete the continued education needed so that we can provide the best care for our clients no matter where they fall on the Fitzpatrick scale.
And I’m so excited for you to tune into this episode, because JoElle is the ultimate expert to learn from!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- JoElle’s background in the aesthetics industry and her claim to fame as First Lady, Michelle Obama’s, aesthetician among other notable people who need to always be camera-ready
- Why learning the skill of how to treat multicultural skin is critical for any aesthetician who wants a sustainable career
- How JoElle discovered and developed her own method to treating multicultural skin
- What drove JoElle into the education space and the formats in which she teaches other aesthetic professionals on fully rounding out their expertise by learning how to care for all skin types
References Mentioned in Episode #148: Developing the Critical Skill of Treating Multicultural Skin with JoElle Lee
- Connect with JoElle and her educational trainings and resources on her website
- Download JoElle’s Free Guide - 10 Mistakes Estheticians Make When Treating Skin of Color
- Connect with JoElle on social on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- To keep the conversation going, ask questions, and connect with other like-minded aestheticians building thriving careers, click here to join the free Spa Marketing Made Easy Podcast community.
As a thank you for being a loyal listener to the Spa Marketing Made Easy podcast and for helping us to reach more aestheticians working on growing their businesses and creating a life they love, we have created a free resource portal just for you!
It’s totally free to join, and for every 25 reviews we get on iTunes, we’ll add a new training video, PDF, tracker, or other high-value resource to help you grow your aesthetic business!
If you have yet to leave a review, click here to leave one on iTunes, and click here to access the free resources already unlocked!