EP 152: Pivoting Toward Profit Through Positivity and Beauty Boxes with Kate JaksikAug 24, 2020
The power of positivity is something I have believed in and talked about for years, especially as it relates to business success, but pivoting has been the big “P word” and theme of business throughout this pandemic, especially for the aesthetics industry.
Well, when you pair the two together like my guest on this episode of Spa Marketing Made Easy did, it results in revenue because -
1 - People like to buy from positive people
2 - Positive people keep their mind open to new ideas
3 - New ideas harnessed can bring forth new streams of revenue
My guest is none other than one of my Spa Retail Rockstars, Kate Jaksik, who is the owner of Glow Beauty Bar in Florence, Massachusetts, where she and her team provide salon, spa, and makeup artistry services.
When news of the Covid-19 closures hit, rather than recoiling in fear, Kate sprung into action to keep her business healthy and her team employed.
Through that action and determination to stay positive in the face of the pandemic, Kate conceptualized an idea that in the last several months has evolved and quickly become an offering both she and her audience are passionate about.
And oh yes, it’s profitable, too.
Tune in to hear the behind-the-scenes on the beauty box craze that Kate created and fueled with her audience through pure positivity and the power of ecommerce and social media selling.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The steps Kate immediately took when first notices of closures hit
- How Kate conceptualized her Beauty Box idea after offering discounts that didn’t provide the additional profit she needed
- The process of creating a new product and continually refining it throughout the shutdown to help maximize sales and profitability as well as a peek into her sales approach
- Kate’s motivation for forging ahead during trying times and how she kept on the path of positivity to not just survive, but thrive
- Where she is taking her Beauty Box idea next and the continued evolution she’ll pursue past the shutdown of her spa and salon
References Mentioned in Episode #152: Pivoting Toward Profit Through Positivity and Beauty Boxes with Kate Jaksik
- Visit Kate’s website at Glow Beauty Bar
- Connect with Kate on social on Facebook and Instagram
- Find packaging and shipping supplies from ULINE and box inspiration from Box Fox
- To keep the conversation going, ask questions, and connect with other like-minded aestheticians building thriving careers, click here to join the free Spa Marketing Made Easy Podcast community.
As a thank you for being a loyal listener to the Spa Marketing Made Easy podcast and for helping us to reach more aestheticians working on growing their businesses and creating a life they love, we have created a free resource portal just for you!
It’s totally free to join, and for every 25 reviews we get on iTunes, we’ll add a new training video, PDF, tracker, or other high-value resource to help you grow your aesthetic business!
If you have yet to leave a review, click here to leave one on iTunes, and click here to access the free resources already unlocked!