EP 156: The Pros and Cons of Being a Solo Aesthetician Versus Building a Team with Gisel CampbellSep 07, 2020
You’ve got big dreams, but the idea of hiring a big team...well, it can be a little intimidating.
Building a team of all-stars takes time, patience, and tenacity, and the thought of “I can just do it myself” is one you’ll likely have more times than you care to count.
But here’s the thing - while you are strong, smart, and totally capable of making your big dreams a reality, the truth is that your big dreams may take more than just you to conquer them.
Whether it be a constraint on your time and energy or a constraint around areas of your business that aren’t your zone of genius, having a team often allows you to make greater strides than you can take on your own.
You may have heard the saying, “if you want to go fast go alone, if you want to go far go together.”
I’d argue that having a team on your side does allow you to move faster once you’ve found your groove with getting the right team on board, which is a process that many of my Growth Factor students and I discuss including my guest on this episode of Spa Marketing Made Easy.
If you’re a long-time listener and active in the SMME community, you’re likely familiar with Gisel, the founder and CEO of Elevate Esthetics.
Gisel has built an incredibly successful business on her own, but as you’ll hear in this episode, her thoughts on remaining solo versus building a team have shifted, and she’s here to share how she’s navigating a new path beyond being a solopreneur.
If you’ve been at a crossroads wondering whether staying solo or expanding with a team is the right move for you, I think you’ll find this episode a helpful guide in weighing out the pros and cons.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Gisel’s journey in building a successful business as a solo aesthetician and how her goals have shifted, especially during quarantine
- The reflection questions she used to help guide her decision making on whether to stay solo or starting hiring a team
- Evaluating the opportunity cost and the various pros and cons of hiring vs. staying solo
- Tips for those thinking about hiring their first employee and ideas for where to find great candidates
References Mentioned in Episode #156: The Pros and Cons of Being a Solo Aesthetician Versus Building a Team with Gisel Campbell
- Learn more about Gisel and Elevate Esthetics by visiting her website and connecting with her on Facebook and Instagram.
- Listen to Gisel’s previous episode on Spa Marketing Made Easy - Episode #061: Level Up by Niching Down with Gisel of Elevate Esthetics
- To keep the conversation going, ask questions, and connect with other like-minded aestheticians building thriving careers, click here to join the free Spa Marketing Made Easy Podcast community.
As a thank you for being a loyal listener to the Spa Marketing Made Easy podcast and for helping us to reach more aestheticians working on growing their businesses and creating a life they love, we have created a free resource portal just for you!
It’s totally free to join, and for every 25 reviews we get on iTunes, we’ll add a new training video, PDF, tracker, or other high-value resource to help you grow your aesthetic business!
If you have yet to leave a review, click here to leave one on iTunes, and click here to access the free resources already unlocked!