EP 175: Planning for Profitability and Managing Money with Ease with Danielle HaydenNov 30, 2020
Money — As entrepreneurs it’s something we all want, yet it’s the piece of business I’d say the majority of the spa owners I speak to and that are my students struggle with the most.
Whether it’s not being clear on your cash flow or wondering when in the world you’ll be able to pay yourself a livable salary (or at all), understanding your money is critical to your spa’s success.
Not to mention, even though money is by no means the measure of personal success as a human, we can’t understate the importance of money as a tool to make the dreams we have for our family and future come to life.
However, you can’t measure what you don’t manage, so if your money matters are a hot mess, or you simply know that you could have a better wrangle on your numbers, this episode of Spa Marketing Made Easy is a must-listen!
Here to discuss with me the steps to planning for profitability and doing so in a way that’s easy and builds your confidence is Danielle Hayden.
Danielle is a reformed corporate CFO who is on a mission to help rule-breaking female entrepreneurs understand their numbers so they can gain the confidence needed to create sustainable profits. After spending 10+ years in the boardroom, Danielle is now in her sweet spot as the co- owner of Kickstart Accounting, Inc. where she helps business owners with bookkeeping, financial analysis, and education and as the author of the Profit Planner book series.
As we discuss in the episode, it’s never too late to get your money affairs in order, so let’s start planning for profit right now.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Danielle’s journey from studying cosmetology to falling in love with numbers and shifting into a career of corporate finance to breaking out of the boardroom and into entrepreneurship
- The key money management documents and financial records we need to know how to read for our business to see where we’ve been and where we’re going
- Danielle’s top tips to understanding these various documents and the key insights that can help us gauge the financial health of our businesses
- Why budgeting and forecasting is crucial for meeting your financial and overall business goals
References Mentioned in Episode #175: Planning for Profitability and Managing Money with Ease with Danielle Hayden
- Connect with Danielle and her company, Kickstart Accounting, on her website
- Learn more about the Profit Planner Books here
- Follow Danielle on Instagram @kickstartaccounting
- To keep the conversation going, ask questions, and connect with other like-minded aestheticians building thriving careers, click here to join the free Spa Marketing Made Easy Podcast community.
As a thank you for being a loyal listener to the Spa Marketing Made Easy podcast and for helping us to reach more aestheticians working on growing their businesses and creating a life they love, we have created a free resource portal just for you!
It’s totally free to join, and for every 25 reviews we get on iTunes, we’ll add a new training video, PDF, tracker, or other high-value resource to help you grow your aesthetic business!
If you have yet to leave a review, click here to leave one on iTunes, and click here to access the free resources already unlocked!