EP 193: Celebrating Black-Owned Businesses You Need to KnowFeb 01, 2021
In light of all of the events in 2020 (the pandemic, increased support of the Black Lives Matter movement in the wake of the murder of George Floyd, economic crisis), and how they all weave and converge together, in celebration of Black History Month in 2021, I wanted to feature three Black business owners who have made a profound impact in their industries, in my business, and on my own entrepreneurial journey.
While there is a vast amount of work to be done to break apart the forces of systemic racism and oppression, the array of events in 2020 will forever be a part of Black History, and to make the future brighter and more equitable, it’s crucial to continue supporting and sharing about Black-owned business.
So without further adieu, here are three entrepreneurs I’m honored to know and learn from, and I think you should, too.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Critical statistics surrounding Black women in the workforce and Black-owned businesses amidst the Covid-19 pandemic
- Why amplifying the voices of Black-owned businesses is key to creating a more equitable future and economic landscape
- Highlights on three entrepreneurs and how their genius can help you become a better leader, business owner, and aesthetician
References Mentioned in Episode #193: Celebrating Black-Owned Businesses You Need to Know
- Meet Kendra J. Lewis aka The Boss Architect and visit her website and connect with her on social
- Listen to Episode #168 with Kendra - Getting Your Mind Right for Growth
- Learn more from JoElle via her website and connect with her on social
- Listen to Episode #148 with JoElle - Developing the Critical Skill of Treating Multicultural Skin
- Meet Njeru Nthigah and learn more about his work via his website and connect with him via Facebook
- Listen to Episode #088 with Njeru - How to Grow into the Leader Your Business Needs
- To keep the conversation going, ask questions, and connect with other like-minded aestheticians building thriving careers, click here to join the free Spa Marketing Made Easy Podcast community.
As a thank you for being a loyal listener to the Spa Marketing Made Easy podcast and for helping us to reach more aestheticians working on growing their businesses and creating a life they love, we have created a free resource portal just for you!
It’s totally free to join, and for every 25 reviews we get on iTunes, we’ll add a new training video, PDF, tracker, or other high-value resource to help you grow your aesthetic business!
If you have yet to leave a review, click here to leave one on iTunes, and click here to access the free resources already unlocked!