EP 214: Conducting a Quarterly ReviewMar 22, 2021
It’s no secret that I LOVE (yes, all caps) planning.
Nothing like a good annual and quarterly planning session to get me excited about pulling up my Google Cal, opening my 90X goal planner, and getting my creative juices flowing.
However, while planning is the fun stuff in business where we get to map out our goals and infinite possibilities, there is one piece of the puzzle that often gets left out of the picture but is equally as important as having a plan, and that’s conducting a review.
More specifically, quarterly reviews.
As we approach the end of the first quarter, I wanted to walk you through the guideposts and pointed questions that I ask myself to see the progress I’ve made, wins I’ve had, where I missed the mark, and where I need to move next in order to keep my business growing and thriving.
Where your quarterly planning session serves as the kickoff, your quarterly review serves as the official wrap-up AND the bridge leading into your next quarterly planning session.
Thus, it’s vitally important not just as a look in the rearview, but also as a tool for continually making forward progress.
Whether you listen to this episode the week it airs, or find it in the middle of a future quarter, the prompts and questions in this episode are ones I know you’ll still find useful, so pull up your quarterly plan and your earbuds and let’s get reviewing.
In this episode, I’ll walk you through:
- How quarterly planning builds off of annual planning and why it’s critical to not just plan, but also review how your quarter went
- Questions for reflection and analyzation as you look back on the quarter
- Key areas to assess for momentum and progress as well as areas for improvement and important metrics to keep at the forefront
- Why self-care and energy management are important pieces of your quarterly review that shouldn’t be skipped over
References Mentioned in Episode #214: Conducting a Quarterly Review
- To keep the conversation going, ask questions, and connect with other like-minded aestheticians building thriving careers, click here to join the free Spa Marketing Made Easy Podcast community.
- Additional episodes of Spa Marketing Made Easy focused on planning and goal-setting: Episode #50 - Using a System to Achieve Your Goals with Alon David of 90X Planner, Episode #131 - How to Reset Your Goals and Create New Plans for Your Business with Ali Schiller, and Episode #164 - Auditing Your Calendar and Planning for Your Best Year
As a thank you for being a loyal listener to the Spa Marketing Made Easy podcast and for helping us to reach more aestheticians working on growing their businesses and creating a life they love, we have created a free resource portal just for you!
It’s totally free to join, and for every 25 reviews we get on iTunes, we’ll add a new training video, PDF, tracker, or other high-value resource to help you grow your aesthetic business!
If you have yet to leave a review, click here to leave one on iTunes, and click here to access the free resources already unlocked!